Nothing beats the satisfying taste of a moist chocolate cake. Add a hint of maple caramel flavour and you've got a cake that pushes the bar! Here’s our twist on a traditional chocolate cake using our Maple Caramel dessert. This delicious, easy-to-make dessert will have people begging for more.
Prep Time: 5 min Cooking Time: 30-40 min Servings: 9 slices
1 pkg Sunrise Maple Caramel Dessert Tofu
½ cup melted butter
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Preheat oven to 400°F
1. Empty both tubs of Sunrise Maple Caramel Dessert Tofu into a bowl and mix with food mixer until smooth.
2. Melt butter and add cocoa powder to it.
3. Mix well.
4. Slowly add butter/cocoa mixture to tofu while mixing
5. In a separate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
6. Slowly add dry ingredients into mixer
7. Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
8. Pour mixture in a 9x9 well greased pan.
9. Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes.
10. Let it cool before serving.
Calories: 220 Fat: 9g Protein: 3g Sodium: 150mg Calcium: 6% Iron: 8%
As per one large slice (9 slices in a cake)
*For a quicker version of this recipe, click here for the cake-mix version