Position Title: Customer Services Representative
Number of openings: 1
Term: One-year contract full-time opening
Location: Vancouver, BC
Department: Customer Service
Reports to: Customer service team leaders/Supply chain logistics manager
Application Closing Date: Until the position is filled
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver customer service department is currently seeking 2 customer service representatives to join our growing team.
The Customer Service Representative acts as a primary contact for the day to day service and liaison between customers and sales. The incumbent is responsible for the daily order taking and processing of customer orders on an accurate and efficient basis.
- Takes live calls and confirms
- Retrieves messages and order
purchase from voice mail during off hours.
- Processes telephone enquiries
by routing calls, paging and taking messages.
- Prepares orders and generates
delivery notice on the computer.
- Be a second checker on mass
orders to ensure 100% data entry accuracy.
- Makes outbound calls to
customers or brokers from the DSD & Mass Market Call-Out List.
- Coordinates with shipping and
warehousing department to ensure the correct orders are taken and shipped out
in a timely manner.
- Posts orders when deliveries
- Prepares Standing Orders by
typing new delivery note for each customer with specific orders on a daily list
for next day delivery.
- Informs Master Scheduler of
mass and special orders in advance.
- Informs Master Scheduler of
shortages or special large orders on any single item.
- Reports complaints and
incidents to immediate supervisor and/or other departments when necessary.
- Liaises with Sales team about
customers’ comments and needs.
- Responds accurately to a wide
range of enquiries ranging from Sunrise products to status of orders, shipping
- Handles and resolves customer
complaints when appropriate.
- Responsible for daily
adjustment of invoices, working with the Accounting department.
- Serves and handles cash sales
from pick-up customers (for weekends) or as a backup for the shipping
- Generates daily/weekly/monthly
reports from the system for tracking purposes.
- Counts and verifies the money
returned by drivers at the end of the working day and makes any adjustments
- Processes credits or debits to
DSD customer with their next order.
- Handles any stock shortages in
a timely manner and notifies the parties/departments/customers involved
- Performs any other related
duties assigned by the CS Team Leader or the Supply Chain Logistics Manager.
- Formal Education
- High school graduate
- A minimum of one year customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with customers and staff at all levels of the company.
- Professional telephone and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and detailed-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-pace working environment.
- Bilingual in English and Cantonese required.
- Ability to speak Mandarin considered a definite asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Internal - All departments (Vancouver and Toronto)
- External - Customers, brokers, buyers and callers
- Work primarily in an air-conditioned office environment.
- 90% of the work is performed at a computer station.
- Shift rotations (AM or PM): 6:45AM – 3:15PM, 11:00AM –
- Must be able to work on weekends (either Saturdays or
- Wage will be assessed according to skill level
- Annual incentive plan
- Medical/Dental benefits after probation
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828