Position Title: Junior Butcher (Vancouver, BC)
Term: 1x Permanent, Full-time
Location: Sunrise Market (300 Powell St, Vancouver)
Department: Facility & Maintenance
Report to: Store Managers
Closing Date: Until position is filled
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Sunrise Market is currently seeking a Junior Butcher to join our growing store team.
The Junior Butcher is responsible for the following:
- Cut meats
- Trim meats
- Display meats
- Serve meats to customers
- Daily clean up of all meat counters and equipment, including saws and grinders
- Inventory check for next day's meat orders
- Internal - Store managers and staff
- External - Customers
- Permanent Full-Time position
– 5 days a week (weekdays and weekends), 8 hours a day.
- Typical hours
are 9:30am – 6:00pm.
- Must be able to work on weekends.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/RELATED EXPERIENCE
Training will be provided on the job
- Basic butcher skills
- Communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of basic English and Chinese is a definite asset.
Those who are interested in this job opportunity are to visit the Sunrise Market (300 Powell Street, Vancouver) directly and ask for Winnie or Sally.