Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor (Vancouver, BC)
Term: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Vancouver, BC
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver operations department is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our growing team.
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Supervisor will be to organize and coordinate the maintenance personnel and activities to ensure equipment is operating efficiently and effectively.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Executes effective preventive maintenance programs to
deliver maximum production time.
- Hires, supervises, trains, and coaches maintenance
- Manages maintenance technicians’ work schedules and
distributes work orders to technicians to assure there is adequate and proper
support for production.
- Develops relevant training programs for technicians.
- Assists in planning and managing the maintenance budget.
- Cost Analysis on equipment maintenance and assess potential
- Complies and adheres to SQF and GMP standards, requirements
- Establishes and implements employee’s training needs to ensure their employees have the required competencies to perform their tasks.
- Strong analysis and problem solving capabilities
- Effective communication skills including verbal and written
- Strong multi-tasking and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible and adaptable to
- Proven ability to work effectively, independently and in a
team based environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- College diploma or Post-Secondary Vocational/Technical
School diploma or an Applied Science Technologist Certificate.
- Boiler Certification –
- Mill Wright experience an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintenance and a food
- Chinese language skills would be an asset.
- Must be flexible to adapt when required
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds
- Moist environment and potential to be exposed to loud noises
Please submit resumes/applications to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street