Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a Marketing and Retail Coordinator to join our growing Western team.
Reporting to the V.P. - Marketing, this position will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the annual marketing plan to achieve Sunrise Soya Foods business objectives. This position will be the marketing lead on Ethnic Marketing Nationally and key West lead for managing product launches, consumer programs, consumer shows and special projects.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for managing and reporting marketing variable budget to ensure budget is below or meets set targets. Process and code invoices correctly and on time each month.
- Manage and develop a national ethnic marketing plan with consumer and trade programs reporting monthly on execution and results of plan.
- Responsible for supporting the development and execution of the annual marketing plan, including business review.
- Execute and manage all consumer programs for West to deliver annual marketing plan.
- Manage execution of all West consumer/trade events and trade demos, source/train internal and external staff, develop demo kits and post reporting of events.
- Complete a demo plan with Trade Marketing Manager for the West. Plan and manage demo budget monthly reporting on actuals and future outlook.
- Support sales on execution of all trade shows where needed.
- Provide sales & broker teams with trade materials and trade activity as needed. Keep key POP and labelling binders updated.
- Attend broker meetings with sales managers to present marketing programs.
- Review and recommend process improvements on all areas/aspects of the job.
- Monitor competitive activity in relation to trade, consumer and promotion activity as well as new product launches to build competitive knowledge and protect Sunrise business.
- Analysis of market, consumer and category data for implementation of marketing strategies through research, internal reports, store visits and other available resources.
- Support V.P.- Mktg on AC Nielsen data analysis and provide report with insights on brand and product performance.
- Take a leadership role in cross-category and inter-functional projects as appropriate.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with both internal (trade marketing, sales, R&D, operations etc.) and external support groups (agency, packaging designs/suppliers, etc.)
- Back up for Consumer Relations position and administrative functions for Franklin Office.
- Other duties and special projects as requested by the V.P.- Mktg.
- Minimum 2 years of related marketing experience, preferably in consumer packaged goods industry.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, preferably major in Marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and function as a strong team player.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License and a reliable car.
- Event management, an asset.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical abilities and high attention to detail.
- Highly proficient in computer skills; Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize tasks while being results driven.
- Experience in design softwares an asset (adobe illustrator).
- Fluent in English (verbal and written communication).
- Fluent in Chinese an asset (verbal and written communication).
Please submit all resumes/applications to: Human Resources Dept.
Sunrise Soya Foods
729 Powell Street
We thank all candidates for their submission however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.