Position Title: Quality
Assurance Technician (Morning Shift)
Time Frame: 5:00am – 4:30pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Department: Quality Assurance
Report to: Quality Assurance Manager
Term: Permanent, Full-time
The QA Technician is responsible for filling an essential role in monitoring and advancement of food quality and safety programs. He/ she ensures the integrity of products through daily process checks as well as short and long term projects.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Verify production control sheets as well as performing production checks such as product temperature, weight, sensory, and texture, CCP, etc.
2. Inspects finished products to ensure consistency and quality.
3. Performs microbiology tests and monitors plant sanitation checks (equipment swab, environmental / air sampling, etc).
4. Generates quality daily and weekly reports for Quality Assurance Manager including wastage, downtime, detained products, non-conformances, etc.
5. Enforces quality control policies for production workers and performs personal hygiene checks through GMP training.
6. Ensures production processes meet specifications. Ensures safe quality food procedures are followed.
7. Titrates and monitors the concentration of the cleaning chemicals and sanitizers.
8. Calibrates and maintains laboratory equipment.
9. Prepares ingredients for production.
10. Performs product evaluation and trend analysis.
11. Pre-operational checks – inspect by performing visual checks and random swapping to ensure that equipment has been cleaned and sanitized before production.
12. Performs other duties or projects as assigned by the QA Manager.
- Internal - Production, Shipping, Maintenance, Customer Service
- External - Suppliers
- Works in a laboratory setting and in the manufacturing plant
- Each work shift is 8.5 hours, with a half-hour unpaid meal break and a 15-minute paid coffee break
- Shift work - must be able to work on weekends (Saturdays and/or Sundays); morning, afternoon and graveyard shifts (possibly 2-3 months a year)
- Possibility of leading to full-time after probation
- University degree or diploma in Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiology
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- A self starter, having self discipline and the ability to work under minimal supervision; a team player at the same time
- Ability to understand oral and written Chinese (Cantonese and/or Mandarin) a definite asset
- Basic computer skills (Word & Excel)
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828