Accounting Manager - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Accounting Manager oversees general accounting and costing functions, accounting staff, and the creation of statistics involving financial issues. The incumbent ensures that the information circulated is correct and accurately reflects the position of the company through the distribution of accepted practices.
- Supervises, trains and provides ongoing mentorship to accounting staff.
- Conducts probationary and annual performance reviews with subordinates.
- Ensures all aspects of the day-to-day accounting transactions are satisfactorily completed.
- Ensures that all sub-ledgers (accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory and capital assets) are accurate against the general ledger with relevant working papers.
- Reviews all payrolls and payroll related working papers.
- Updates and maintains standard costing, item master records and bill of material masters in Navision.
- Prepares, reviews for accuracy, and publishes various accounting reports as directed.
- Provides accounting summary reports to the senior management group in the absence of or at the direction of the Controller.
- Reviews and prepares internal and external financial statements.
- Co-ordinates and prepares year-end working papers.
- Attends management meetings and committee meetings as need.
- Assists with the annual budgeting process.
- Assists with the implementation and development of company financial policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Permanent, Full-Time Position.
- Regular office work hours are Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
- Work is performed in an office environment supervising staff, attending meetings and having interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION
- College or university degree in a related discipline of study.
- Current and valid BC professional accounting designation.
- Minimum of 3 year’s progressive supervisory and/or management experience.
- Strong computer application skills in MS office applications: Excel, Word, Access.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills built on a team-focused approach.
- Worked with enterprise accounting systems – Navision experience preferred.
- Able to multi-task and effectively handle changing priorities and deadlines.
- Results oriented and self-motivated.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.