Accounts Payable Specialist
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
We have an immediate opportunity for an Accounts Payable Specialist, reporting to the Controller, and overseeing the activities of two part-time Accounts payable staff. This role will primarily involve full-cycle accounts payable, but may also take on other accounting and administrative tasks as needed. Sunrise Soya Foods is migrating from Microsoft Dynamics Navision to Dynamics 356 Business Central ERP software. The Accounts Payable Specialist will receive training as the system AP superuser and will participate in the new software implementation.
- Direction of activities for two part time payable staff
- Process and code invoices into the Company’s Navision ERP software
- Monitor, and reconcile purchase orders to invoices
- Prepare vendor account reconciliations
- Generation of payments through ERP and online banking
- Contribute to continuous process improvements in the accounting department
- Preparing and submitting credit applications and setting up vendors in the ERP
- Filing paid A/P invoices
We are looking for candidates with a can-do attitude, with the ability to implement best practices, and a team-player mentality. Candidates must have full-cycle accounts payable skills, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Post-secondary education related to accounting & finance is required
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in a related accounting position, ideally specializing in accounts payable
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to respond professionally to inquiries from external stakeholders and vendors
- Ability to be self-directed and to prioritize work
- Excellent organizational and customer service skills
- Experience using Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP software is an asset
Initially this position will be located at our 729 Powell Street, Vancouver office to receive training and orientation. Within 2 to 6 months, the accounting department will be relocated to our new production facility at 7808 Beedie Way in South Delta.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-Time