Brand Manager - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Reporting to the V.P. of Marketing, this position will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing all marketing activities for assigned brands and businesses. Ensuring brand strategy and architecture are represented and followed.
This position will be a key marketing role to help support and drive marketing strategies and Corporate Company projects as assigned to, collaborating with internal teams, agency partners, distributors, and retail customers.
- Under leadership with the VP of Marketing, supports the development of brand equity for the Sunrise Umbrella brand.
- Oversees and is accountable for the assigned brands and businesses.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the annual marketing plan, including business review/analysis.
- Supports achievement of volume and profitability targets by monitoring brand and competitive trade, consumer and promotion activity and creating actions to address implications.
- Responsible for managing and reporting marketing variable budget for assigned projects, and staying on track with approved estimates. Track, process and code invoices correctly, and on time each month for assigned brand.
- Support V.P. of Marketing on AC Nielsen data analysis and provide report with insights on brand and product performance.
- Lead and develop annually strategic innovation plan that incorporates 2-3-year pipeline with a feasibility analysis to prioritize high to low potential opportunities to present to VP of Marketing and Key Stakeholders.
- Lead the creation of new products from concept stage to commercialization, including; concept development, packaging format/design, consumer research and go to market presentations.
- Manage projects that improve the business both short and long term such as reformulations, packaging changes, format adjustments, and innovations through leading cross functional teams. Cultivate strong working relationships with both internal (sales, R&D, operations etc.) and external (agency, research house, packaging designs/suppliers, etc.) support groups.
- Manage and lead SKU rationalization analysis and provide recommendations for all branded and private label portfolios.
- Analysis of market, consumer and category data for implementation of marketing strategies through research, internal reports, store visits and other available resources.
- Management, execution and post analysis of consumer promotions and related promotional activity.
- Complete analysis evaluating the performance of innovation projects pre and post 12 months launch.
- Keeps up to date on new consumer trends, food trends, new ingredients and technology by visiting food shows/conferences and, reviewing publications and online sources.
- Lead, add value and implement special projects. Take a leadership role in cross-category and inter-functional projects as appropriate and requested.
- Cultivates strong working relationships with both internal (trade marketing, sales, R&D, operations etc.) and external support groups (agency, packaging designs/suppliers, etc.)
- Other duties and special projects as requested by the VP of Marketing.
- Permanent Full-Time (minimum 40 hours per week but not limited to) position.
- Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30 pm (1-hour lunch break).
- Additional hours maybe required to complete key deliverables and during annual planning.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 to 7 years’ experience working on consumer brands in the food industry, new product and packaging development.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills (with a pro-active mind-set).
- Previous people management skills; ability to team build, to coach and teach others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; written, verbal and presenting.
- Good multi-tasking, prioritizing, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of the Canadian & USA Food & Drug Regulations, labeling laws and regulations, nutritional regulations and organic requirements.
- Strong Computer skills: Windows 2000, Word, Excel, Power point, Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written communication).
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.