Customer Service Representative – Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking Customer Service Representative to join our growing Western team.
The Customer Service Representative is the primary contact to service all customers nationally in Canada and the U.S. related to the order fulfillment process and administrative support for the sales & broker teams with the goal to provide a positive customer experience. Responsibilities will be in line to achieve the annual corporate objectives.
We will place a high value on individuals who understand the value of: World Class food production principles & practices; team communication and the value of collaboration with the entire operations group.
- Manage select accounts by completing the order fulfillment process (receipt & input of orders, posting to invoices, and sending invoices to customers, etc.).
- Retrieve customer orders received via EDI, phone or email and process all orders in the system.
- Review orders to ensure complete and accurate.
- Verify entry of correct pricing in the system prior to processing of customer orders.
- Communicate with customers if orders are blocked for processing due to pricing issues or products on the order that been discontinued or on temporary do not order basis and resolve for orders to flow through the system.
- Follow up with customers when orders are not received within the order lead times.
- Proactively resolve shipment issues with warehouse personnel.
- Oversee stock allocation in an event of inventory shortages and communicate to appropriate sales/broker personnel in a timely manner.
- Communicate with customers in a professional and timely manner regarding customer pricing, order status, minimum orders guidelines, delivery and service information inquiries. Follow up with appropriate personnel to resolve. Keep CS Team Lead and Sales Managers of the accounts informed.
- Upon receipt of customer complaints send details to Consumer Relations Officer to forward to depts to review and resolve. If adjustments to invoices are needed, forward details to acct dept for credit and to the Mass customers upon receipt from acct.
- Update customer account profiles and policies and distribute revised information to appropriate personnel.
- Service customers promptly and with accurate detailed information, working closely with the Sales team for a positive customer service experience.
- Review and provide recommendations with Customer Service Team Lead to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the Customer Service job.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure proper use of required personal protective equipment at all times.
- Special projects assigned by the Customer Service Team Lead and the V.P. of Sales.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High school graduate or equivalent. College education an asset.
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience in a related fast paced customer service environment.
- Good verbal and written English language skills. Cantonese &/or Mandarin an asset.
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- May require additional hours at certain times of the year to achieve corporate objectives.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Full-time, permanent position (40 hours/wk) requiring flexible hours as required to achieve business objectives.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828