Director of Operations - Permanent Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Director of Operations, under the direction of the COO, is responsible to lead, manage and oversee all production operations in our Vancouver and Delta, BC facilities, inclusive of but not limited to, managing all resources and assets and directing overall production efficiencies in a safe and cost-effective manner. This position is responsible to collaborate with senior management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans, maximize efficiency and productivity through process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration, set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity, work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans and analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement as needed. This position leads, directs, trains and develops Plant Leadership, and will work closely with Purchasing and Production Planning to ensure plant objectives and KPIs are achieved. The Director of Operations works collaboratively across departments to ensure the integration of plant priorities to promote a work environment of equity and transparency for people to thrive and be successful.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs company-wide in BC, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
- Work closely with human resources to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Work with plant leadership in BC to develop the annual Operations budget for Vancouver and Delta Plants and present to COO.
- Participate and support CI Team as needed in new product launches, reformulations and production process changes.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective and consistent communications, coaching, training, and development and evaluation of employee performance for your team.
- Establish training needs of team and implement employee training to ensure they have required competencies to carry out their job responsibilities.
- Ensure the effectiveness of operations team members through effective assignment of duties, setting of priorities, delegation of work, discipline, and dismissal.
- Provides training programs to all operations staff, establishing a highly motivated, flexible, quick-responding, and quality work force.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in an operations management role in food manufacturing
- Post-Secondary Education in related area of study and/or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills built on a team-focused approach
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software
- Ability to work with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.