Graveyard Supervisor - Permanent Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a talented Graveyard Supervisor to join our growing Western team. The Graveyard Supervisor oversees all activities that occur during the Graveyard shift in the absence of the next level of management above. This role is responsible for looking after all departments including QA, sanitation, production, warehouse, and maintenance. The ideal candidate will ensure production lines are running properly, meeting production goals, and keeping consistent with the quality of Sunrise products.
Do you have a passion for food and manufacturing? Are you a leader that works well with different departments to constantly improve day to day operations? Do you thrive in a fast paced work environment? Are you highly organized with great communication skills? If your answer is yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
- Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process. Anticipates problems and participates in trouble shooting and collaborating with maintenance to avoid downtime and fulfill production order.
- Provides support to all departments to make sure that their tasks are performed and completed on a daily basis in a safe manner.
- Main source of information – provides and connects with the QA and all other departments as needed. Communicates with morning shift production management.
- Ensures all WIP and finished products are stored properly by the end of the shift to prevent cross contamination or temperature abuse.
- Creates reports of events during the shift for further investigation.
- Leads pre-operational checks – inspects by performing visual checks and random swabbing to ensure equipment has been cleaned and sanitized before production.
- Verifies production control sheets as well as performs production checks such as product temperature, weight, sensory, texture, CCP, etc.
- Inspects finished products to ensure consistency and quality.
- Supports quality control policies for production workers and performs GMP checks.
- Enforces work safe policies and procedures to meet OHS requirements.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by QA Manager.
- College, University or Technical degree, preferably in food production.
- Minimum 1 year production supervisory experience, preferably in food industry.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork, team building and motivational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Works in a laboratory setting and in the production area
- Proper sanitation of machinery and following the safety procedures
- Permanent Full-Time position (40 hours per week). 8.5-hour shift with 30 minutes unpaid meal break & 15-minute paid coffee break
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.