Health & Safety Coordinator - Permanent Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a talented Health & Safety Coordinator to join our growing team. This role is national and will be responsible for planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees in BC and ON.
Are you a self-starting leader who enjoys the challenges of daily involvement with operations and maintenance teams? Do you enjoy pushing and maintaining high standards? Are you passionate about Health & Safety? If your answer is yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
- Help to develop a strategy for creating a dynamic safety culture at Sunrise.
- Manage recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Plan, develop and implement all safety training for new and existing employees.
- Help develop controls for identified hazards and coordinate the implementation of controls from result of hazard analysis.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures.
- Recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Identify and evaluate potentially hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace and provide advice and counseling for all compliance regulations.
- Compile, analyze and interpret all incident and accident reports.
- Be responsible for the overall administration of worker’s Recover at Work (RAW) and Return to Work (RTW) programs.
- Ensure that all policies required by law are kept updated and implemented effectively.
- Stay current with ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws or reporting requirements and make revisions to policies and their implementation as needed.
- Work in a laboratory setting and in the production area
- Works regular office hours
- Must have completed or is in the process of completing a health and safety Degree/certificate/diploma or professional designation.
- Working knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Act of British Columbia.
- Possess a high level of technical expertise.
- Ability to apply skills to continuous process improvement.
- Maintains a positive attitude and high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality in dealing with employee information
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and follow up skills.
- Excellent people and process management skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, time management, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A self-starter, having self-discipline and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Highly collaborative and able to be a valued team player.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, outlook).
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.