HR & Operations Administrator
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
If you are looking for opportunities in HR and/or Operations at an established and growing Canadian company then we want to hear from you!
The HR & Operations Administrator, under the direction of the HR Manager & Plant Manager, is the focal point of communication for the human resources and operations team for our newest Delta plant, with efficiency being the key goal at all times. The HR & Operations Administrator will be responsible for providing a consistently high standard of HR and Operations administrative support. Other key responsibilities will include recruitment and retention of team members and ensuring the effective use of manpower and resources to assist in the smooth running of the Delta plant.
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- We have two primary questions ahead of all our actions: Will this impact safety; will this impact our Tofu?
- Team first: Teams are driven by the same objective; we will work collaboratively to resolve any challenges in the most efficient and effective manner.
- We recognize the opportunity our new plant has presented us and we continually strive to be the best
- We will further develop your flexibility and agility: training and development programs will be offered to enhance performance.
- We live by data, standard practices and routines, and measure to prioritize our actions
- We take full responsibility for our actions and value transparency.
- We are going to be a lean structure and a busy organization: Team work and communication will be key for the overall success of the organization
- Maintain accurate and up to date human resources information and related records systems in compliance with applicable legislation
- Help prepare for payroll processing for salaried and hourly employees on bi-weekly payroll by overseeing approval of time and attendance and updating of all applicable employee information in the company's HRIS.
- Lead local recruitment activities by tracking vacancies, posting jobs, screening candidates, conducting interviews and ensuring compatibility of applicants to job positions for entry level, professional and technical job openings,
- Advise employees and managers on the interpretation of human resources policies, compensation and benefit programs, and employment agreements
- Help to develop and provide recommendations for policies and processes
- Maintain updated job descriptions and employee personnel documentation
- Present a positive and professional image of the organization when interacting with employees, clients/customers, visitors, and other external stakeholders
- Perform HR Orientation for new hires and help to ensure departmental onboarding is carried out effectively in a way that aligns with legal regulations and achievement of company objectives
- Cultivate a work environment committed to accountability in following all company policies and procedures and committed to the health, safety, and wellness of all employees
- Work closely with supervisors/managers to help resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve compliance, productivity and safety
- Provide HR and Operations administrative support.
- Prepare, review, and/or edit various forms of correspondence such as letters, agreements, presentations, training documents, procedures, publications, and reports
- Responsible for the front desk reception duties when required. Greets people entering the office, including new hires, and registers them /signs them in.
- Answers telephone, screens and directs calls from customers, suppliers and the general public when required. Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of the organization.
- Help to plan and organize staff events
- Coordinate the logistical aspects of interviews, on-boarding/off-boarding processes, training and events
- Organize, maintain, and coordinate office records and files
- Work with supervisors/manager to maintain and monitor office supply inventory levels; place orders as required; and arrange for servicing of office equipment when required
- Administer and manage inbound and outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence
- Permanent Full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
- Extended periods of sitting
- Interaction with employees, management, and the public at large
- Working in a busy office environment with frequent interruptions
- Occasional overtime, when required
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION
- Degree or diploma in HR, Administration, Business, or a related field
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Food industry related experience an asset
- Certifications and licences appropriate to HR and/or industry an asset
- Working towards CPHR Designation is considered an asset
- Excellent judgement and discretion in managing highly sensitive and confidential information from a Company and employee perspective
- Sound analytical thinking, problem solving, planning, prioritization, time management and execution skills
- Highly skilled at making objective and fact-based balanced recommendations for management consideration
- Keen attention to detail, while at the same time, ability to keep big picture in mind
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Motivated and self-starter
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.