Industrial Millwright/Mechanic – Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Industrial Millwright/Mechanic performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from trouble shooting, maintenance, modification, repair of manufacturing Industrial equipment and facility.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards for people safety, food safety, quality, cost control, waste reduction and complete and on-time delivery
- Follows all company and regulatory standards for Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), Food Safety, Safe Operating Procedures (SOP's), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
- Carries out preventive maintenance / repairs on all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc. under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager
- Responds to emergency calls and carries out break down repairs as required. Reports major incidents (that causes a serious machine downtime or extra help is required) to Maintenance Supervisor
- Works jointly with the Production Lead-hands and other company staff on operating and troubleshooting problems with the production equipment
- Maintains a wide variety of power tools in good / safe working condition
- Assists in the design and fabrication of new production equipment
- Assists in the re-engineering of existing production lines or equipment to ensure that continuous improvement and/or safety objectives are met
- Inputs into the Maintenance Logbook/computer Plant History file the work performed, materials and equipment used
- Performs other duties or undertake projects as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- Complies and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or nonconformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately.
- Frequent ladder climbing and kneeling down to repair machinery
- Exposure to loud noises and required to wear various personal protective equipment while working
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical lifting of machinery and parts is essential
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
Industrial Millwright certification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in maintenance in a factory environment.
- Food experience and asset
- Millwright certification and/or Industrial Electrician Certification
- Hands-on work experience on servicing motors, pumps, blowers, gearboxes, conveyors, packaging machines/equipment, boilers, compressors, lathe, milling machine, hand tools, power tools
- Welding certification- TIG/MIG especially Stainless Steel is an asset
- A valid ON driver license
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently and/or work in a team environment
- Simple computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word
- Good written and verbal English skills
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
21 Medulla Ave Toronto, Ontario M8Z 5L6
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.