Janitor Associate – Maintenance Helper - NEW FACILITY – Full-Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- We have two primary questions ahead of all our actions: Will this impact safety; will this impact our Tofu?
- Team first: Production & maintenance teams are driven by the same objective. We don’t point fingers we just solve issues.
- The entire team get their hands dirty… very dirty, titles don’t matter. Don’t worry, we will wash our hands.
- We recognize the opportunity our new plant has presented us and we continually strive to be the best
- We develop flexibility and agility: You are not afraid to cross boundaries and will cover production roles when required.
- We embrace modernization: We are as comfortable on the computer as we are pulling tools. We enjoy learning and executing best practices and techniques.
- We live by data, standard practices and routines, and measure to prioritize our actions
- We are not afraid to hold ourselves accountable: We are self-starters, who continually ask ourselves “What could I do to be better?"
Our new Delta location is currently seeking Janitor Associate – Maintenance Helper to join our growing Western team.
The ideal candidate must be energetic, highly-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible and willing to work on non-routine cleaning and special projects as needed. The position would be responsible in ensuring that various designated areas of offices, warehouse and production are well-kept, tidy, organized and highly sanitized. This is a great opportunity to earn competitive pay, full-time benefit and growth in the company.
- Perform and manage routine upkeep of the building (interior and exterior) and in designated non-production spaces as directed or required
- Perform general clean up in designated area of offices, warehouses and production as directed
- Assist the Maintenance Department with basic maintenance tasks when required
- Maintain cleaning equipment, tools and accessories
- Participate in maintaining high level of sanitation within the production floor area
- Complies and adheres to SOP, OHS, HACCP, SQF and GMP standards and practices
- Carry out special assignments as assigned or needed
- Permanent full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Regular shift work days and afternoon shift rotation may be required
- Exposure to noises and humid / warm environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- High school graduate or equivalent qualification
- Basic English language skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good teamwork and team player
- Some experience working in a food manufacturing plant is an asset
- Understand 5S concept is an asset
- Able and willing to work overtime (as required)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Continuous training and development
- Opportunities for growth
- Annual incentive plan
- Medical/dental benefits upon completion of probation
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828