Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our business has grown and we have an immediate opening for a Junior Accountant, reporting to the Controller. This role will involve full-cycle accounting for three factories with responsibility for processing and recording banking transactions. Additionally, Sunrise Soya Foods is migrating from Microsoft Dynamics Navision to Dynamics 356 Business Central ERP software. The Junior Accountant will be a key participant in the software implementation, receiving training as a system superuser.
- Monitoring and reporting of accounts receivable balances
- Prepare and record online banking transactions
- Posting of routine journal entries
- GL account reconciliations
- Fixed asset accounting and calculation of depreciation
- Remittance of government taxes
- Assistance with month, quarter, and year end closings
We are looking for candidates with a can-do attitude, and a team-player mentality. Candidates must have formal accounting training, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Post-secondary education related to accounting & finance is required
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a related accounting position
- Ability to multitask, proactively solve problems, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office; particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience using Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP software is an asset
Initially this position will be located at our 729 Powell Street, Vancouver office to receive training and orientation. Within 2 to 6 months, the accounting department will be relocated to our new production facility at 7808 Beedie Way in South Delta.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-Time