Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality conditions.
The Machine Operator should be detail-oriented, able to follow instructions, work well with others, and help ensure that all safety regulations are followed.
- Conducts start-up checks and routine inspections to minimize machinery downtime and product wastage
- Assists in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery
- Verifies adequate materials and supplies are available to complete operations, as needed
- Operates tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process
- Provides innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Logs and records readings for equipment and procedures
- Performs periodic checks on equipment and solves problems, as detected
- Ensures that all equipment is properly sanitized as GMP requires before production starts
- Reports workers’ conflicts and concerns to Production Foreman or Production Management immediately so that follow up action can be taken in a timely manner
- Works with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order
- Trains and mentors fellow employees to increase their skill level in all activities
- Observes and follows company safety rules and regulations
- Other duties as assigned by Production Management Team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as a Machine Operator
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
- Minimum 1 year production experience
- Working knowledge of diverse high speed machinery and measurement tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Proficiency with hand tools
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional communication and team building skills
- Work is mainly performed in the production plant
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Shift times are 2:30pm-11:30pm
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.