Maintenance Coordinator - NEW FACILITY – Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
We seek a strong technical Maintenance Leader who has a full proficiency and understanding of electrical and mechanical systems, and machinery. Leadership approach is key. We are seeking a team first leader who is flexible, self-accountable, and has an enabling and influencing approach with the entire plant team.
As Maintenance Supervisor for our Delta plant, you will oversee all maintenance operations of the plant, grounds and production equipment, plan and initiate preventative maintenance, schedule corrective maintenance and prioritize repairs. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this person will be a key member of the facility management team.
We will support and develop the right person.
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- We have two primary questions ahead of all our actions: Will this impact safety; will this impact our Tofu?
- Team first: Production & maintenance teams are driven by the same objective we actually don’t point fingers we just solve issues
- Leaders get their hands dirty… very dirty, titles don’t matter. Don’t worry, we will wash our hands
- We recognize the opportunity our new plant has presented us and we continually strive to be the best
- We develop flexibility and agility
- We live by data, standard practices and routines, and measure to prioritize our actions
- We are not afraid to hold ourselves accountable
- We are going to be a lean structure and a busy organization so we better figure out how to enjoy being around each other; that means it’s critical to have the right leadership attributes in this key role
- Develops, implements and maintains strategies and processes to obtain ongoing and continuous improvement in operational safety
- Develops and maintains a reliable preventive maintenance program
- Is our subject matter expert on controls and instrumentation
- Co-ordinates and manages projects as required, including costing, vendor selection, installation and start up
- Leads or performs all repairs including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, troubleshooting and repair of production line machines, from the raw to finished product stage
- Works together with production management staff to assist in developing training programs for all production personnel on operating and maintaining the production equipment
- Manages and executes effective preventative maintenance programs to maximize machine utilization
- Ensures production equipment problems are diagnosed quickly and machines are repaired in a timely fashion to keep machine downtime to a minimum
- Performs cost analysis on equipment maintenance and assesses potential equipment upgrade needs
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices
- Implements and supports maintenance program to keep all machinery up to date
- Communicates, leads and mentors the maintenance team on shift, providing a high level of technical input
- Works jointly with managers/supervisors of other departments and joins production and food safety meetings to assist in planning and managing the maintenance budget
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Electrician trade (preferred) or Millwright qualification (journeyman/ Red Seal/ or Technical or Engineering Diploma from an accredited school)
- Minimum class 5 Boiler Power engineer certification preferred or signed agreement that probationary period ends once this certificate is obtained with the company’s assistance
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry
- Previous experience in a leadership and/or similar role
- Minimum basic level First Aid (Industrial Level 1)
- Strong problem solving and PLC programming
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possesses a safety mindset that includes safe work methods and risk analysis in an industrial setting
- Understands the impact that maintenance can both inadvertently and positively have on product quality
- Strong communication, analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to make timely decisions associated with process upsets
- Adaptive work style with an ability to handle multiple priorities, challenging demands and function positively in a dynamic collaborative work environment
- High level of understanding in detailed Electrical schematics, logic and wiring diagrams, electronic circuit drawings, and electronic system drawings and the ability to revise such drawings as required. Working understanding of mechanical systems
- Communicates well and deals professionally with all levels of contacts (internal and external)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement principles
- Sound analytical, planning and execution skills
- Excellent team development and leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills: Outlook, Excel, Word
- Flexibility to manage a 24/7 operation and to resolve issues after hours
- Great written and verbal skills
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.