Maintenance Coordinator - Permanent Full Time x 1
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a talented Maintenance Coordinator to join our growing Western team. This role will be responsible for organizing, maintaining, and executing programs regarding preventive maintenance, parts inventory and purchase, maintenance work orders, and recording management of maintenance activities and equipment performance.
Are you passionate about keeping equipment running safely and efficiently? Are you a self-starter who can collaborate effectively with team members and production? Do you thrive on staying on target with yearly maintenance schedules? If your answer is yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
- Maintains a yearly maintenance schedule for preventive maintenance (PM) and building maintenance.
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers of equipment, parts, tools, services, and supplies.
- Manages the inventory/purchase order system for all equipment, parts, tools, services, and supplies
- Cost effective and timely management of all spare parts, services, and supplies.
- Conducts biannual inventory audits on all spare parts, tools, and supplies.
- Follows up on the execution of work orders in the system to ensure PM and emergency repair activities are carried out in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides guidance as a member of the maintenance team.
- Supports Maintenance Supervisor, works as an equal member of the maintenance team, and provides hands on assistance if required.
- Works with managers/supervisors of other departments and sits in on production and food safety team meetings.
- Provides updates on equipment and parts operational longevity and planned replacement.
- Programs and maintains activity tracking and equipment performance reporting on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly bases.
- Participates in planning and managing the maintenance budget.
- Performs all duties in a work safe manner and wear Personal Protective Devices where and when appropriate.
- Complies and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or nonconformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately.
- Performs other duties or undertakes projects as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance in a production environment
- 1 year of procurement experience in a maintenance department
- High school graduate or Vocational / Technical School Diploma
- Valid Driver License (minimum class 5)
- Intermediate computer skills in Cad drawing, Excel, Word, MS Project and maintenance related software
- Demonstrated proficiency in English both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork, team building, leadership and motivation skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days (including weekends) to meet Production/Maintenance requirements.
- Able to provide after-hours availability for emergency calls
- Able and willing to do light lifting
- Other language skills an asset
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.