Maintenance Manager – Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Maintenance Manager leads, organizes, and, coordinates maintenance personnel and activities. The manager is responsible to augment and execute appropriate Sunrise maintenance programs with goals of providing facility and equipment reliabilities in an efficient and effective fashion.
We are seeking a Maintenance leader who does not mind getting their hands dirty and who enjoys spending time on the production floor assisting and managing people.
This unique Maintenance Manager position provides an ideal opportunity for a hands-on technical individual to grow their career by being a part of the leading tofu manufacturing company in the country.
- Directs the operations and maintenance of all machinery to provide uninterrupted services
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the maintenance, electrical and mechanical operations
- Plans a continual work schedule to maintain all company property in a safe and healthy condition to achieve the best working conditions possible for all employees
- Identifies training requirements for maintenance team members, sets schedules and provides resources to conduct required training
- Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers of equipment, parts, tools and services
- Promotes a positive employee relations climate by maintaining open communications with maintenance team and practicing effective conflict resolution
- Takes the lead in maintaining and developing compliance with the HACCP plan, GMP’s, SOP’s and procedures within the Maintenance department
- Communicates with Plant Manager regarding any problems and/or unusual situations
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College Diploma or Post-Secondary Vocational / Technical School Diploma or Applied Science Technologist Certificate
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in maintenance in a factory environment, including supervision
- Electrician, Boiler Operator, and/or Millwright Certificates
- Valid BC Driver License
- Basic level First Aid
- Strong problem solving and PLC programming skills
- Intermediate computer skills in Cad drawing, Excel, Word, MS Project and maintenance related software
- Good written and verbal skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong teamwork, team building, leadership and motivation skills
- Chinese language skills an asset
- Permanent Full-Time (40 hours per week) position—flexible work hours and days (including weekends and stat. holidays) to meet Production/Maintenance requirements
- After hours availability on emergency calls
- Roughly 80% of the time working in the production plant (repairs / maintenance / projects) and 20% of the time working in an office environment
- Exposed to loud noise; need to wear hearing protection when working in the production areas
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.