Maintenance Technician (Millwright/Power Engineer) - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Maintenance Millwright performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from but not limited to safety improvements, trouble shooting, maintenance, modification, repair, and projects in the trades of millwrighting, welding, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, pressurized air systems & steam boilers on all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician (Millwright / Power Engineer) to join our growing Western team.
- Responsible for working Safely and following all applicable Work Safe BC regulation & complying with company policies
- Carries out preventive maintenance / repairs on all building and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc. under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman or the Production Supervisor
- Responds to emergency calls and carries out break down repairs as required.
- Reports major incidents (that causes a serious machine downtime or when extra help is required) to Maintenance Supervisor or Foreman
- Works jointly with the Production Lead-hands and Supervisors and other company staff on operating and troubleshooting problems with production equipment
- Assists in the Root Cause Analysis process to determine immediate cause and help develop sustaining counter-measure
- Maintains a wide variety of power tools in good / safe working condition including annual safety inspections as required by Work Safe BC Regulation
- Assists in the design, fabrication and installation of new production equipment
- Assists in the re-engineering of existing production lines or equipment to ensure that continuous improvement and/or safety objectives are met
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices.
- Inputs into the computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail
- Performs other duties or undertake projects as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman and Director of Engineering
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately
- Liaison with contractors & suppliers on projects & initiatives as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman and Director of Engineering
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week) position. Able to work shifts (day/ afternoon/ graveyard), 15-min paid coffee break, 1/2-hour unpaid lunch/dinner break
- Frequent ladder climbing and kneeling down to repair machinery
- Exposure to loud noises and required to wear various personal protective equipment while working
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical lifting of machinery and parts is essential. Lifting up to 50lbs
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklifts, boom-lifts, and scissor lifts Etc.
- Required Licensed Industrial Millwright Mechanic in good standing (Red Seal preferred)
- Required Boiler Ticket/Certification as a power engineer - Class 5 minimum in good standing
- Additional Tickets such as gas ticket (Level A/Level B), welding ticket (TIG/MIG), Industrial electrician ticket (Red Seal) Etc. will be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager
- Required good written & verbal English skills
- Minimum 2 year experience as a maintenance millwright with a food manufacturing background
- A valid BC driver’s license is a definite asset
- Valid Fist Aid Ticket, Forklift operators ticket, boom-lift/ scissor lift operating ticket nice to have
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read & interpret mechanical drawings and equipment manuals
- Able to work independently and/or work in a team environment
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word & familiar with using a CMMS Work Order system
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.