Maintenance Supervisor - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Maintenance Supervisor organizes and coordinates maintenance personnel and activities, and executes Sunrise maintenance programs with goals of providing facility and equipment reliability in a labor efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Maintains a high standard for safety in the plant and regularly audits safety compliance with respect to maintenance activities in the plant
- Ensures production equipment problems are diagnosed quickly and machines are repaired in a timely fashion to keep machine downtime to a minimum
- Manages and executes effective preventative maintenance programs to maximize machine utilization
- Hire, supervise, train and coach maintenance millwright & electrician technicians & planner
- Assesses maintenance technicians’ performances and provides feedback
- Manages maintenance technicians’ work schedules and distributes work orders to maintenance technicians to assure there is adequate and proper support for the facility
- Leads breakdown root cause analyses in order to determine root causes and implement sustainable preventive actions
- Performs cost analysis on equipment maintenance and assess potential equipment upgrade
- Ensures timely work orders completion and follow up with internal stakeholders to ensure the work performed and the quality of the work is performed to a high standard
- Assists in developing, maintaining, executing, and upgrading spare parts/tools/supplies inventory programs to ensure adequate supply of spare parts, tools, and supplies is kept.
- Performs all duties in a work safe manner and wear Personal Protective Devices where and when appropriate.
- Adheres to and enforces Work Safe regulation and procedures established by Ministry of Labor (MOL).
- Develops relevant training programs for maintenance technicians
- Works jointly with production management staff to assist in developing training programs for lead-hands and other production personnel on operating the production equipment
- Works jointly with managers/supervisors of other departments and sits in on production and food safety teams’ meetings. Assists in planning and managing the maintenance budget.
- Participates in the design of new production lines.
- Assists in the re-engineering of existing production lines or equipment to ensure that continuous improvements and/or safety objectives are met.
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices.
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or nonconformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately.
- Commits to and motivates employees to go beyond the rules to ensure personnel safety, food quality and protect food safety, to assume ownership and take appropriate actions when violations are discovered.
- Establishes and implements employees’ training needs to ensure they have required competencies to perform their tasks with regards to product legality (federal, provincial and municipal regulations), safety, and quality.
- Permanent Full-Time (40 hours per week) position – flexible work hours and days (including weekends and stat. holidays) to meet Production/Maintenance requirements
- Flexibility to work extended shutdown days during statutory holidays and weekends
- After-hours availability on emergency calls.
- Electrician trade (preferred) or Millwright qualification (journeyman/ Red Seal/ or Technical or Engineering Diploma from an accredited school)
- Minimum class 5 Boiler Power engineer certification preferred or signed agreement that probationary period ends once this certificate is obtained with the company’s assistance
- 5+ years of experience in the manufacturing industry
- Previous experience in a leadership and/or similar role
- Minimum basic level First Aid (Industrial Level 1)
- Strong problem solving and PLC programming.
- Flexibility to manage a 24/7 operation and to resolve issues after hours.
- Great written and verbal skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth
- Annual incentive plan
- Medical/dental benefits upon completion of probation
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.