Maintenance Technician NEW FACILITY - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our new Delta location is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our growing Western team.
The Maintenance Technician performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from but not limited to safety improvements, trouble shooting, maintenance, modification, repair, and projects in the trades of millwrighting, welding, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, pressurized air systems & steam boilers on all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc.
As Maintenance Technician for our Delta plant, you will maintain all assets of the plant. Reporting to the Maintenance Coordinator, you will be coming into a new plant with a heavy focus on: safety; our customer; our team (production and maintenance); best practices; and continually raising the standard.
We will place a high value on individuals who understand the value of: World Class maintenance principles & practices; team communication and the value of collaboration with the entire operations group.
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- We have two primary questions ahead of all our actions: Will this impact safety; will this impact our Tofu?
- Team first: Production & maintenance teams are driven by the same objective. We don’t point fingers we just solve issues.
- The entire team get their hands dirty… very dirty, titles don’t matter. Don’t worry, we will wash our hands.
- We recognize the opportunity our new plant has presented us and we continually strive to be the best
- We develop flexibility and agility: You are not afraid to cross boundaries and will cover production roles when required.
- We embrace modernization: We are as comfortable on the computer as we are pulling tools. We enjoy learning and executing best practices and techniques.
- We live by data, standard practices and routines, and measure to prioritize our actions
- We are not afraid to hold ourselves accountable: We are self-starters, who continually ask ourselves “What could I do to be better?"
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for working Safely and following all applicable WorkSafe BC regulation & complying with company policies.
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately.
- Carries out all aspects of preventive and reactive maintenance.
- Functions as a major component in our asset data collection allowing for the compilation and analysis of asset downtime.
- Inputs into the computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail.
- Participates or leads activities within our Maintenance Process from: work identification; work planning; work scheduling; work execution; and work follow-up.
- Works collaboratively with the Production and the rest of the Maintenance team.
- Maintains a wide variety of power tools in good / safe working condition including annual safety inspections as required by WorkSafe BC Regulation.
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices.
- As required performs production duties.
- Performs other duties or undertakes projects as assigned.
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week) position. Able to work shifts (day/ afternoon/ graveyard), 15-min paid coffee break, 1/2-hour unpaid lunch/dinner break
- Frequent ladder climbing and kneeling down to repair machinery
- Exposure to loud noises and required to wear various personal protective equipment while working
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical lifting of machinery and parts is essential. Lifting up to 50lbs
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklifts, boom-lifts, scissor lifts Etc.
Formal Qualifications Required:
- Required Licensed Industrial Millwright Mechanic in good standing (Red Seal preferred)
- Required Minimum class 5 Boiler Power engineer certification preferred or signed agreement that probationary period ends once this certificate is obtained with the company’s assistance
- Additional Tickets such as gas ticket (Level A/Level B), welding ticket (TIG/MIG), Industrial electrician ticket (Red Seal) etc. will be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager
- Required good written & verbal English skills
- A valid BC driver’s license is a definite asset
- Valid Fist Aid Ticket, Forklift operators ticket, boom-lift/ scissor lift operating ticket nice to have
- Ability to read & interpret mechanical drawings and equipment manuals
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.