Millwright Technician – Red Seal Electrician – Dual Ticket – Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Maintenance Electrician performs a variety of skilled activities ranging from but not limited to electrical safety improvements, trouble shooting, electrical HV & LV maintenance, machine modification, repair & re-wiring, and projects in the trades of electrical, PLC troubleshooting & programming, variable frequency Drive configuring & troubleshooting, High Voltage (600VAC & 240VAC) & Low Voltage (120VAC & 24VDC) work on all buildings and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc.
- Responsible for working safely and following all applicable Work Safe BC regulation, CSA Electrical code & complying with company policies
- Carries out preventive maintenance / repairs on all building and production equipment owned by Sunrise Markets Inc. under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman or the Production Supervisor
- Responds to emergency calls and carries out break down repairs as required on electrical & automation issues
- Reports major incidents (that causes a serious machine downtime or when extra help is required) to Maintenance Supervisor or Foreman
- Works jointly with the Production Lead-hands and Supervisors and other company staff on operating and troubleshooting problems with production equipment
- Assists in the Root Cause Analysis process to determine immediate cause and help develop sustaining counter-measures for electrical & automation related downtime
- Maintains a wide variety of electrical tools in good / safe working condition including annual safety inspections as required by Work Safe BC Regulation
- Assists in the electrical design, fabrication and installation of new production equipment
- Assists in the re-engineering of existing production lines or equipment to ensure that continuous improvement and/or safety objectives are met
- Complies and adheres to SQF, OHS and GMP standards, requirements, and practices.
- Inputs into the computerized maintenance management system, the work performed, materials and equipment used and other comments as required in detail
- Performs other shift duties or undertake projects as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman and Director of Engineering
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately
- Liaison with contractors & suppliers on projects & initiatives as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Shift Foreman and Director of Engineering
- Permanent full-time (40 hours per week) position. Able to work rotating shifts (day/ afternoon/ graveyard), 15-min paid coffee break, 1/2-hour unpaid lunch/dinner break
- Frequent ladder climbing and kneeling down to repair machinery
- Exposure to loud noises and required to wear various personal protective equipment while working
- Must possess strength, stamina and mobility to perform heavy physical lifting of machinery and parts is essential. Lifting up to 50lbs
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to operate mobile equipment including forklifts, boom-lifts, and scissor lifts etc.
- Required Licensed Industrial Electrician in good standing (Red Seal preferred)
- Required Licensed Millwright Technician
- Required PLC Ticket/Certification or a minimum 5 years PLC experience troubleshooting & programming ladder logic and variable Speed Drives
- Required good written & verbal English skills
- Minimum 2 years work experience as a maintenance electrician in a food manufacturing background
- Minimum 5 years PLC experience troubleshooting & programming PLC ladder logic and Variable Speed Drives
- Additional Tickets such as Field Safety Rep - FSR Class ‘B’ or Class ‘A’, Power engineer ticket (Class 5 minimum) etc. a plus and will be evaluated by the hiring manager
- A valid BC driver’s license is a definite asset
- Valid Fist Aid Ticket, Forklift operators ticket, boom-lift/ scissor lift operating ticket nice to have
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to interpret Ladder Logic, Relay logic & configure & troubleshoot PLCs & VSDs
- Ability to read & interpret electrical drawings and equipment manuals
- Able to work independently and/or work in a team environment
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Excel, MS Word & familiar with using a CMMS Work Order system
Please email or fax your resume/CV to:
Fax: (416) 233 – 3995
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.