National Engineering Manager - Permanent Full-Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Reporting to the COO, the National Engineering Manager will lead and manage all functions and activities of Engineering, Maintenance, and Facilities Capital expenditure at all plants. This position will partner with key plant and corporate stakeholders to implement and drive best practices in safety, engineering, reliability, environmental stewardship, and technology. The responsibilities include the collaborative development, implementation, and administration of the plant's capital plans and leading the maintenance and reliability program for the sites, including the development and execution of the maintenance strategic plans. This position will be the overall technical lead for the plants, and will be expected to both "get in the weeds" on technical work and interface with leadership for overall mechanical, electrical and capital management of the manufacturing sites.
As this is a national role, the company is looking to find the best talent and is open to having the role based in Vancouver/Delta, BC or Toronto, ON.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective and consistent communications, coaching, training, and development and evaluation of employee performance for your team.
- Assume a leadership role in plant safety initiatives and compliance. Explain and enforce company policies pertaining to safety, quality, and workplace conduct.
- Interact with plant maintenance management and technical resources to troubleshoot and address key equipment downtime and facility problems in a timely manner.
- Develop and manage, through direct reports, the overall asset reliability program for the sites.
- Coordinate and oversee the engagement of contract resources (vendors) to support the company’s busines goals.
- As a working manager, drive maintenance, and engineering outcomes daily, ensuring projects and daily challenges are properly managed from concept through completion.
- Support Manufacturing, Engineering, management, and ownership
- Design, develop, and augment processes to support manufacturing and product development through the reviewing, evaluation, and implementation of engineering changes and existing specification requirements
- Manage the capital portfolio. Prioritize, execute, monitor, and ensure projects are completed in scope, on budget, and on time.
- Develop strategic performance goals, metrics, and targets for your team that are consistent with company goals.
- Develop, mentor, coach and motivate engineering (maintenance) team for project performance, standards adherence, and technical rigor.
- Effectively manage the site maintenance teams to optimize existing talent contribution and adequately resourced project workload.
- Manage your team’s employee engagement, retention, onboarding and overall training and development.
- PENG or equivalent Mechanical or electrical discipline
- 5 years’ experience in a related industry and similar sized company
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills built on a team-focused approach
- Good verbal and written English language skills
- Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work with a high degree of discretion and tact in handling confidential matters
- Ability to supervise, lead and motivate a team to achieve and exceed their goals
- Ability to delegate, set expectations, and monitor progress of all direct reports
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with other departments in achieving company goals
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented and ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, maintains a positive frame of mind and sets an example of professionalism for other employees.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.