Plant Sanitarian Graveyard - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
This position supervises and mentors the sanitation staff and is accountable for the cleanliness of all processing equipment and production areas. The Plant Sanitarian audits, validates and suggests improvements to the facilities sanitation program.
- Supervises and provides guidance to the sanitation staff
- Provides and co-ordinates training in the following areas: Chemical Handling, Safety Orientation (included wearing Personal Protection Devices) Proper cleaning procedures for each production line (including equipment protection procedures and the development of Best Practices in sanitation)
- Assigns work duties (including special assignments) for sanitation staff
- Performs daily inspections towards the end of each shift in order to ensure Plant Quality Program requirements are met.
- Ensures that all cleaning chemicals, tools and equipment and properly returned to storage at the end of each shift
- Trouble shoots problems on CIP system, reporting issues to appropriate departments
- Reviews weekly work schedule and make corrections if necessary
- Ensures sanitations team follows company, sanitation and safety policies
- Enforces company polices as per supervisory mandate
- Reports to Department Manager about work related or personnel issues in the sanitation or other departments
- Ensures adequate supply of cleaning chemicals for each work shift Prepares chemical requisition forms
- Conducts performance appraisals
- Performs security checks ( Production Plant / Warehouse ) in conjunction with maintenance
- Encourages communication between management and sanitation staff
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
- College Diploma or Post-Secondary Vocational/Technical School Diploma
- 2 years’ experience in food plant sanitation desired
- 2 years progressive supervisory experience
- Ability / Willingness to obtain Basic Level I First Aid
- Good written and verbal English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective team player
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of written and verbal Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) is preferred
- Permanent Full time position. Regular work hours are Mondays to Fridays, 10:30pm-7:00am (½ hour Lunch break). (40 hours per week)
- Work is primarily performed in the production plant
- Exposure to loud noises and required to wear various personal protective equipment while working
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.