Process/Product Development Manager - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Process/Product Development Manager is responsible to lead all process and product development initiatives for the company. This position reports to the Director of Quality Services. This may include new product development, process development, training, creating work instructions and other tasks as requested by the Director of the department.
- Translates consumer insights or needs into workable product ideas and applications.
- Creates and drives new product timelines with all internal functions and outsourced partners.
- Leads the research and development efforts to bring new products and packages to market on schedule and within budget.
- Works with co-packers and suppliers to identify and optimize margin opportunity through product or packaging development.
- Ensures product compliance and maintain internal documentation and records as required.
- Sets up microbiological testing with QA department for evaluation of shelf life for new products.
- Provides leadership to the research & development team by directly supervising all Food Technicians.
- Creates all necessary specification ingredients, labels, and finished product.
- Works with production management team, operators and production workers to develop new formulations and modifies existing products to improve quality.
- Reviews, updates and maintains proper documentation for all raw ingredients to comply with the SQF requirements.
- Performs other duties or undertakes projects as assigned by the Director of Quality Services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Foods Science.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in food project development with demonstrable track record and progressive supervisory experience.
- Strong Computer skills: Windows 2000, Word, Excel, Genesis R&D, Power point, Microsoft Office.
- Goal/project oriented, timely results expected.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Good analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Highly resourceful and able to overcome significant challenges with a determined positive attitude.
- Able to write up experimental design reports, evaluations and results.
- Excellent knowledge of the Canadian & USA Food & Drug Regulations, labeling laws and regulations, nutritional regulations and organic requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of Food Composition & Food Chemistry.
- Experience with nutrient composition & nutrient databases.
- Knowledge of health & safety issues including: allergies; genetically modified foods; organics; irradiation; functional foods, herbs & supplements.
- Knowledge of HACCP and QA methods in the food industry.
- Works in an R&D office and laboratory/kitchen (90%).
- Some plant work required during plant trials and introduction of new products, manufacturing methods and packaging (10%).
- Permanent full time (40 hours / week).
- Flexible work hours.
- Some travel required.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.