Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
This position is responsible for assisting machine operators and lead hands to complete the daily production plan and ensuring that all products made meets the Company’s product quality standards. The incumbent is also responsible for filling out load tags and transferring finished products to the Shipping Department.
- Reports any production abnormalities to Production management, such as unsafe working condition, machinery problems, product quality problems or problems with raw materials / supplies.
- Exercises Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Adheres to company working standards.
- Maintains cleanliness and tidiness of the production floor and soybean unloading area.
- Follows work safe procedures and wears protective equipment as required.
- Ensures that no production supplies and materials are kept directly on the floor.
- Ensures all production supplies and materials are closed and sealed with tape after use.
- Teamwork with other employees and lead hands to meet the daily scheduled production volume.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Production Lead hands and Production Management Team.
- Compiles and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to management immediately.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- High school graduate or equivalent qualification.
- Experience in working in a food manufacturing plant a definite asset.
- Experience in working in an assembly line a definite asset.
- Basic English skills
- Strong team player
- Various shifts available which include mornings, nights and weekends
- Exposure to noise and a wet working environment
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs on a consistent basis Rotating shifts
- Candidates must be able to work weekends
WHAT WE OFFER
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth
- Annual incentive plan
- Medical/dental benefits upon completion of probation
- Great team atmosphere
- Premium rates for afternoon and graveyard shifts
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828