This position is responsible for assisting machine operators and Leadhand to complete the daily production plan and ensuring that all products made meets the Company’s product quality standards. The incumbent is also responsible for filling out load tags and transferring finished products to the Shipping Department.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Reports any production abnormalities to Production management, such as unsafe working condition, machinery problems, product quality problems or problems with raw materials / supplies.
- Exercises Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Adheres to company working standards.
- Maintains cleanliness and tidiness of the production floor and soybean unloading area.
- Follows work safe procedures and wears protective equipment as required.
- Ensures that no production supplies and materials are kept directly on the floor.
- Ensures all production supplies and materials are closed and sealed with tape after use.
- Teamwork with other employees and Leadhand to meet the daily scheduled production volume
- Performs other duties as assigned by Production Leadhands and Production Management Team.
- Compiles and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or non-conformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to management immediately.
- Permanent Full-Time position.
- Exposed to loud noise; need to wear hearing protection when working in the production areas
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs on a consistent basis
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION
- Formal Education
- High school graduate or equivalent qualification. related experience
- Experience in working in a food manufacturing plant a definite asset
- Experience in working in an assembly line a definite asset.
Please email or fax your resume/CV to:
Fax: (416) 233 – 3995