Production Lead Hand - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
This position is responsible to manage, direct and lead plant teams (Operators and Production Associates), plant activities and ensure daily objectives are met. The Lead Hands must ensure that plant operations are running safely, efficiently and meet Company quality standards.
Scope of Job
- Oversee, manage and lead production; ensuring on time start, correct products set-up on lines, enough labour assigned, proper materials set-up and equipment inspected for a smooth production run.
- Works with Production Supervisors and other lead hands to ensure that the correct balance of resources for all production lines and production output is achieved on a daily basis.
- Working together with the Operators and QC Techs ensure that start up checks and routine inspections are being performed correctly to minimize machinery downtime and product wastage.
- Through hourly walks and inspections check of people, process and equipment, to ensure that waste is minimized and efficiencies are being met.
- Ensures that daily production reports, raw materials usage records and operational control records are filled out clearly and completely. Clearly logs all problems encountered and production delays in the report.
- Implement all aspects of product manufacturing, including ingredient preparation, packaging and proper production methods and quality standards are being adhered to.
- Monitors Production Associates performance to ensure that Company policies are complied with and production standards met.
- Provides training, guidance and instructions to Production Associates to ensure that they understand their daily assignments.
Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Product Quality
- Complies and adheres to HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices
- Reports observations of any deviation to the process/procedure or a defect or nonconformance to the product which may result in a situation requiring food safety assessment and placing product on hold or scrapping the product to the management immediately
- Works within the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario
- Adheres to and enforces Company Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure all personal protective equipment is worn
- Identifies, controls and eliminates hazards
- Work is mainly performed in the production plant.
- Permanent Full-Time position. Shift rotation (AM & PM) and flexible work hours to meet Production requirements
- Must be able to work in a hot and humid environment
- Minimum 1-2 years as a Lead Hand or comparable position..
- High school graduate or equivalent qualification
- Technical diploma preferred but not necessary
- Understanding of production and plant processes
- Food manufacturing experience
- Able to communicate and write in English
- Hourly position
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
21 Medulla Ave Toronto, Ontario M8Z 5L6
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.