Production Supervisor - Permanent Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Toronto location is currently seeking a talented Production Supervisor to join our growing Eastern team. This role will be responsible for ensuring production efficiency maximization through the effective utilization of labor, improvement of production methods and cost control. The ideal candidate will achieve these results through a team approach, directing the work of production staff as well as working with other departments in the Company.
Do you have a passion for food and manufacturing? Are you a self-starter who can collaborate effectively with other departments on strategies for continuous improvement? Do you thrive on staying highly organized and being analytical in your problem-solving? If your answer is yes to these questions, then we want to hear from you!
- Develop and implement continuous improvement within the production staff through regular feedback, coaching and training.
- Provides leadership and mentorship to ensure that day-to-day production outputs are met by team members.
- Assists with the preparation of the weekly manpower schedule based on master production plan.
- Ensures that company policies and mission are communicated to all production staff; Motivates staff to work towards achieving company standards.
- Conducts weekly production staff meeting to address and discuss any production related issues and concerns
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance Manager, Technical Production Manager and lead hands in trouble shooting production related problems; cultivating a continuous quality improvement mentality on the production floor to resolve long term quality issues. Provides safe food production to ensure; SQF, GMP and Kosher procedures are met.
- Develops and ensures implementation of work safe policies and procedures to meet OHS requirements; working closely with H&S Coordinator in investigating WCB claims and to establish a continuous safety mentality in the work environment.
- Liaising with maintenance department to ensure that all production equipment problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Attends/holds regular meetings with other departments to review and resolve production, equipment, health/safety, and quality-related issues, etc.
- Reviews daily production tracking reports (i.e. yield, wastage, labor utilization, downtime, etc.) from the previous day and investigate any discrepancy, finds root causes to develop and implements long term solutions.
- Conducts probationary and annual performance reviews with subordinates.
- Carries out other duties or projects as assigned by Production Manager.
- Minimum 3 years production supervisory experience, preferably in food industry.
- College, University or Technical degree, preferably in food production.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good written and verbal English
- Ability to understand verbal Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is an asset
- Ability to write / type in Chinese is an asset.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong teamwork/team building/motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Availability to work any day of the week to meet production requirements.
- Available after-hours to answer internal inquiries when needed.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Fax: (416) 233 – 3995
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.