Purchaser - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Purchaser oversees the procurement and inventory performance of commodity groups as designated by the Senior Purchaser for both Sunrise Vancouver, Delta and Toronto facilities. The incumbent ensures that all purchasing is done according to company guidelines.
- Responsible for the supply chain for key company commodities as assigned by Senior Purchaser, by maintaining consistent quality and cost targets.
- Develops, implements, evaluates and maintains procurement programs and processes.
- Develops specifications, and conducts competitive bids and proposals.
- Tracks market movements in all commodities assigned to evaluate long-term price trends.
- Negotiates prices, terms and conditions. Administers contracts and PO’s, and monitors vendor performance.
- Assists in the management of the movement and placement of materials and the proper rotation of stock in the warehouse.
- Contains and reduces the cost of purchasing, reviews monthly expenditures and investigates any price discrepancies.
- Establishes partnership with vendors and provides feedback to resolve any problems with quality control or service issues.
- Assists in inventory cycle counts as part of the company’s inventory accuracy initiative.
- Produces monthly status report to Senior Purchaser to identify overall status of projects, major achievements, goals for next period, risk assessment, and problems and recommended solutions.
- Collaborates with vendors, R&D, production, QA, and other relevant departments for implementation of new or improved products for the marketplace.
- Ensures food safety practices and processes are followed including SQF and GMP standards. Reports any potential food safety related problems and/or non-compliances to own Manager, Production management team and Technical Services management team.
- Coordinates the disposition of obsolete inventory.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Senior Purchaser.
- Works predominantly in an air-conditioned office environment but sometimes requires being in a production, warehouse or cold storage environment.
- Permanent full-time position.
- As per business needs, available on call after work hours and on weekends for emergencies.
QUALIFICATION / EDUCATION
- College or university degree in a related discipline.
- A recognized certificate in Purchasing is an asset.
- 2-4 years of purchasing/ procurement experience.
- Experience in Food Industry an asset.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Knowledge of ERP/MRP procurement systems.
- Excellent English communications skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS office applications.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.