Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
We will support and develop the right person. We will give everyone an equal opportunity. We are seeking a Quality Assurance Technician who is flexible, self-accountable, and has the ability to take action when a product’s quality is in question. The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for filling an essential role in the monitoring and advancement of food quality and safety programs. The QA Technician also ensures the integrity of products through daily process checks as well as short and long-term projects. The ideal candidate will be able to work effectively alone but also work well with fellow team members and the operations team.
- Verifies production control sheets as well as performing production checks such as product temperature, weight, sensory, and texture, CCP, etc.
- Inspects finished products to ensure consistency and quality.
- Performs microbiology tests and monitors plant sanitation checks (equipment swab, environmental / air sampling, etc.
- Generates quality daily and weekly reports for Quality Assurance Manager including wastage, downtime, detained products, non-conformances, etc.
- Supports quality control policies for production workers and performs personal hygiene checks through GMP training.
- Works with production team and ensures production processes and parameters meet specifications.
- Ensures safe quality food procedures are followed.
- Titrates and monitors the concentration of the cleaning chemicals and sanitizers.
- Calibrates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Prepares ingredients for production.
- Performs product evaluation and trend analysis.
- Conducts pre-operational checks – inspects by performing visual checks and random swapping to ensure that equipment has been cleaned and sanitized before production.
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned by QA Manager.
- Adheres to SOP, OHS, HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Adheres to company working standards.
- Follows work safe procedures and wears protective equipment as required.
- Works effectively as a team with other employees.
- Participates in root cause analysis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- University degree or diploma in Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiology.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- A self-starter, having self-discipline and the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Team player.
- Good computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office applications).
- HACCP and SQF knowledge and experience preferred.
- Work is in a laboratory setting and in the production area, use of safety shoes required.
- Permanent Full-Time position.
- Each normal work shift is 8.5 hours: 1-half-hour unpaid meal break & 1-fifteen-minute paid coffee break.
Please email your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods Inc.
729 Powell Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 1H5
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-Time