Quality Assurance Technician - Permanent Full Time x 1
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for filling an essential role in monitoring and advancement of food quality and safety programs. The QA technician also ensures the integrity of products through daily process checks as well as short and long term projects.
- Verifies production control sheets as well as performing production checks such as product temperature, weight, sensory, and texture, CCP, etc.
- Inspects finished products to ensure consistency and quality
- Performs microbiology tests and monitors plant sanitation checks (equipment swab, environmental / air sampling, etc.)
- Generates quality daily and weekly reports for Quality Assurance Manager including wastage, downtime, detained products, non-conformances, etc.
- Supports quality control policies for production workers and performs personal hygiene checks through GMP training
- Works with production and ensuring production processes and parameters meet specifications.
- Ensures safe quality food procedures are followed.
- Titrates and monitors the concentration of the cleaning chemicals and sanitizers.
- Calibrates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Prepares ingredients for production.
- Performs product evaluation and trend analysis.
- Conducts pre-operational checks – inspect by performing visual checks and random swapping to ensure that equipment has been cleaned and sanitized before production.
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned by QA Manager.
- Adheres to SOP, OHS, HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Adheres to company working standards.
- Follows work safe procedures and wears protective equipment as required.
- Teamwork with other employees and lead hands
- Participates in root cause analysis
- University degree or diploma in Food Science, Food Technology or Microbiology
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- A self-starter, having self-discipline and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Team player
- Good computer skills, (Microsoft office and Excel)
- Work is in a laboratory setting and in the production area
- Each normal work shift is 8.5 hours, with a half-hour unpaid meal break & 15-minute paid coffee break
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Fax: (416) 233 – 2337
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.