- 25 min prep
- 40 min cook
- 6 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Custard Flavour Tofu Dessert (2x150g) blended
- 1 Frozen Pie Shell
- 3 Apples, peeled, diced
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp) Sugar
- 250 mL (1 cup) + 15 mL (1 Tbsp) for apples Flour
- 1 Egg
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Vanilla Extract
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Brown Sugar
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Cold Butter
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350°F) and bake the frozen pie shell until it is slightly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remember to pierce the bottom of the the shell lightly with a fork to prevent the crust from rising.
- In a medium pan, combine the diced apples and white sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until the apples have softened, about 5-10 minutes. Toss apple mixture with 15 mL (1 Tbsp.) of flour if mixture is too wet. Allow mixture to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Spread the apple mixture onto the bottom of the baked pie crust. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, tofu custard dessert, and vanilla until smooth. Pour this mixture over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes with a baking pan underneath to catch any spillage, until the custard is half set.
- For the crumble, combine flour and brown sugar and cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over the custard and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before slicing.
Calories: 436Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrate: 72gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 6gVitamin A: 2%Vitamin C: 1%Calcium: 6%Iron: 12%
As per one serving size (142g)