- 10 min prep
- 35-40 min cook
- 12 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Almond Flavour Tofu Dessert (2x150g) mixed
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Soft Margarine
- 250 mL (1 cup) Sugar
- 375 mL (1 + 1/2 cup) Flour
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Baking Powder
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) Baking Soda
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) Salt
- 100g Ground Almonds
- 250 mL (1 cup) Sour cherries/ Fresh Blueberries/ Raspberries
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) Sugar (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350°F). Lightly grease a 9x9 square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar with a fork.
- Add the tofu dessert and mix until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and almonds.
- Combine the dry mixture to the tofu mixture.
- Fold in the berries. Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Sprinkle 30 mL (2 Tbsp) of sugar on top and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Calories: 248Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 110mgCarbohydrate: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 4gVitamin A: 7%Vitamin C: 2%Calcium: 6%Iron: 8%
As per one serving size (41g)