- 25 min prep
- 30 min cook
- 10-12 people
- 1/2 pkg Sunrise Soft Tofu (Western Canada) (300g) blended
- 1,000 mL (4 cups) water
- 1 pkg (454 g) frozen, shelled edamame beans
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) goat or cow feta cheese in brine, crumbled
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1,000 mL (4 cups) of water with a pinch of salt to boil.
- Add in the frozen, shelled edamame beans. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When ready, the beans will turn bright green.
- Drain the cooked beans, reserving 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the cooking water. Transfer reserved cooking water to a cup. Rinse the beans under cold water
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add in the reserved cooking water as required to achieve a smoother consistency. Salt to taste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and let the dip sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to blend and cool.
- Serve with your favourite chips or breads.
Calories: 70Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0.5gSodium: 80mgCarbohydrate: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 4gVitamin A: 2%Vitamin C: 6%Calcium: 4%Iron: 6%
As per one serving size (50g)