- 10 min prep
- 25 min cook
- 6 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) cubed
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) soy sauce
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 250 mL (1 cup) frozen peas
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) thyme
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) rosemary
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) sage
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1/2 chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) corn starch
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) water
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Add tofu, garlic, onions, and soy sauce and brown for 3-5 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, frozen peas, thyme, rosemary, sage, sugar and salt and pepper to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock over tofu and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl or glass. On medium heat, add in corn starch solution and mix until thickened.
- Spoon the mixture into 6 individual ramekins or 1-9” inch casserole dish. Set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry to approximately ½ cm thick on a floured surface.
- Cut pastry to fit top of the dish. Gently press the edges of the crust onto the side of the dish. Carefully cut slits in the pastry to permit s
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown.
Calories: 379Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 772mgCarbohydrate: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 12gVitamin A: 40%Vitamin C: 10%Calcium: 33%Iron: 17%
As per one serving size (222g)