- 20 min prep
- 30-40 min cook
- 6 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Peach Mango Flavour Tofu Dessert (2x150g) blended
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) margarine or butter
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 5-6 slices pinapple
- 500 mL (2 cups) flour
- 22mL (1 ½ Tbsp) baking powder
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) baking soda
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) margarine or butter
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) sugar
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) pineapple juice, reserved from can
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350°F).
- In a heavy bottomed pan on medium heat, combine 30 mL (2 Tbsp) of margarine or butter and brown sugar and melt until bubbly.
- Arrange pineapple slices on the bottom of a 10” round cake pan and pour margarine mixture on top. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, cream 125 mL (1/2 cup) margarine or butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the Sunrise peach mango dessert, vanilla, pineapple juice and buttermilk and mix until smooth.
- Pour this mixture on top of the pineapple slices and margarine mixture. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cake for approximately 10 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter so that the pineapple slices are on the top.
Calories: 539Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrate: 84gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 7gVitamin A: 17%Vitamin C: 14%Calcium: 22%Iron: 17%
As per one serving size (211g)