- 15 min prep
- 60 min cook
- 10 people
- 1 cup Sunrise Soft Tofu (Western Canada) (300g) blended
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) Sunrise Fortified Soy Milk Light
- 370 g (2 cups) cooked quinoa (for blending)
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 185 mL (3/4 cup) maple syrup
- 148 g (1 1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 14 g (1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 5 g (1 tsp) baking soda
- 2 g (1/4 tsp) salt
- 85 g (1/2 cup) dry quinoa
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350°F).
- Lightly grease an 8 inch round baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a food processer or blender, blend tofu, vanilla, soy milk, cooked quinoa, oil and maple syrup until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients except for the dry quinoa.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add in the 125 mL (1/2 cup) of dry quinoa into batter and mix until coated.
- Pour batter into baking pan and cook for 60 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes. Invert to serve.
Calories: 277Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 146mgCarbohydrate: 38gFiber: 6gSugar: 15gProtein: 7gCalcium: 13%Iron: 17%
As per one serving size (127g)