- 30 min prep
- 10 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg (210g) Soyganic Smoked Tofu Sriracha Flavoured (210g) blotted dry, cut into 1/4" thick matchsticks
- 420 g (2 1/4 cup) sushi rice
- 575 mL (2 1/4 cup) water
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) sugar
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cucumber, julienned
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil, divided
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) toasted sesame seeds
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) water
- 6 nori sheets
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Once rice is tender, mix together the sugar with vinegar. Add this to the rice and fluff with a fork. Allow rice to cool completely.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add tofu and fry until golden (about 6-7 minutes), turning once. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cover sushi mat with plastic wrap. Place one nori sheet shiny side down on mat. With moist hands, pat 1 cup of cooked rice onto the nori, leaving 1 inch uncovered at the top.
- Evenly sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over the rice. In horizontal rows, evenly place the tofu, red bell pepper, cucumber and avocado, starting from the bottom edge of the rice. Each ingredient should make its own row. Make sure there is no space between the rows of ingredients.
- Wet top 1”inch of nori. Using the mat, roll nori sheet from the bottom, slowly raising and tucking nori over the filling, forming a tight roll. Keep lifting mat and rolling nori until you reach the upper edge; press gently to seal. Repeat process with remaining nori and ingredients. To serve, cut each roll crosswise into 6 pieces.
Calories: 650Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 290mgCarbohydrate: 98gFiber: 8gSugar: 8gProtein: 19gVitamin A: 40%Vitamin C: 50%Calcium: 20%Iron: 50%
As per one serving size (414g)