- 10 min prep
- 15 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) grilled
- MARINADE INGREDIENTS
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp.) Rice vinegar
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Maple syrup
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp) Tomato paste
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Grind all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Cut the tofu into slices to do burgers or cubed to do skewers (kebab).
- In a bowl, mix the tofu and the marinade. Let stand for 2 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- For burgers, grilling the tofu slices on the grill 5 minutes on each side over medium heat. Brush them with remaining marinade halftime through cooking. Garnish the burgers with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. Serve.
- For skewers, alternate cubes of tofu and vegetables. Oil the grill grates and grill the skewers 15 minutes over medium heat. Return and brush with marinade several times during cooking. Serve.
Calories: 170Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2.5gSodium: 540mgCarbohydrate: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 15gCalcium: Iron:
As per one serving size (111g)