- 5 min prep
- 20 min cook
- 4-8 servings people
- 1/2 pkg Sunrise Traditional Sweetened Tofu Dessert(2x150g) blended
- 250 mL (1 cup) flour
- 500 mL (2 cups) soy milk
- 10 mL (2 tsp) cinnamon
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vanilla
- vegetable shortening or margarine for pan frying
- 8 slices French or crusty whole wheat bread
- In a blender, blend all ingredients except shortening and bread. Transfer mixture into a medium bowl.
- Over medium heat, melt shortening or margarine in a large pan.
- Dip as many pieces of bread as you can fit in the pan, one at a time, into the tofu mixture and place in the hot pan.
- Brown both sides of the bread. Repeat until all slices of bread are cooked.
- Transfer onto plate and serve with fresh fruit or maple syrup.
Calories: 79gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1g+ Trans: 0.5gSodium: 280mgCarbohydrate: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 5gVitamin A: 4%Calcium: 4%Iron: 10%
As per one serving size (79g)