- 10 min prep
- 25 min cook
- 4-6 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Soft Tofu (Western Canada) (300g) blended
- 300g whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) butter
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) firmly packed grated low fat cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, cook the macaroni in boiling water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the tofu until smooth.
- Transfer the blended tofu to a medium size sauce pan and add butter. Over medium heat, bring the tofu and butter to a gentle simmer. Stir often.
- Lower the heat and add cheese. Continue stirring until all cheese has melted. Remove from heat immediately.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the cheese sauce and mix thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Calories: 150Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 371mgCarbohydrate: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 10gVitamin A: 9%Calcium: 19%Iron: 6%
As per one serving size (125g)