- 15 min prep
- 45-60 min cook
- 8 people
- 1 pkg Sunrise Traditional Sweetened Tofu Dessert(2x150g) blended
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) soft margarine
- 150 mL (2/3 cup) light brown sugar, packed
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) milk, soy milk or water
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla or maple extract
- 500 mL (2 cups) flour
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 250 mL (1 cup) walnut, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350°F) and lightly grease one loaf pan.
- With a mixer, beat margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add tofu, milk (soymilk or water) and vanilla (or maple extract) and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Add tofu mixture and gently mix until blended. Fold in toasted walnuts and pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 – 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cake cool before slicing.
Calories: 408Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrate: 49gFiber: 2gSugar: 23gProtein: 7gVitamin A: 11%Calcium: 17%Iron: 14%
As per one serving size (133g)