- 10 min prep
- 45 min cook
- 6 people
- 1/2 pkg Sunrise Soft Tofu (Western Canada) (300g) blended
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) lemon zest, grated
- 250 mL (1 cup) sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 162 mL (1/2 cup + 2 1/2 Tbsp) flour
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 3 egg whites
- 185 mL (3/4 cup) sweetened soy milk
- 105 mL (7 Tbsp) sweetened soy milk
- Preheat oven to 175ºC (350°F). Separate the egg yolks from egg whites. Set aside.
- Combine lemon zest, 185 mL (¾ cup) sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, flour, tofu and butter. Whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks. Add the remaining sugar and beat until stiff peaks.
- Gently fold egg white mixture into the tofu mixture. Add soy milk and lemon juice, mixing gently.
- Spoon mixture into 6-8 ramekins leaving 1cm from the top of ramekins for cakes to rise.
- Place ramekins in a large, deep baking dish. Pour water into the dish so water comes up 2cm on the sides of the ramekins. This allows for even heat distribution when baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serve with your favorite berry sauce.
Calories: 320Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 115mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrate: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 7gVitamin A: 6%Vitamin C: 20%Calcium: 4%Iron: 8%
As per one serving size (154g)