- 30 min prep
- 20 min cook
- 4 people
- 1 pkg (300g) Sunrise Soft Tofu (Eastern Canada) (300g) cut into 1" cubes
- SOUP BASE INGREDIENTS
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) Soy sauce
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) Sugar
- 500 mL (2 cups) Chicken stock
- 120 mL (1/2 cup) Water
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) Mirin
- SOUP CONTENT INGREDIENTS
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) Oil
- 450 g (1 lb) Thinly sliced beef
- 2 Medium onions, sliced
- 115 g (1/4 lb) Dry vermicelli noodles
- 250 mL (1 cup) Canned bamboo shoots, sliced
- 3 Green onion stalks, cut into 2" lengths
- 1/4 head Napa cabbage, sliced
- 1 bunch Enoki mushrooms
- 250 mL (1 cup) Shiitake mushrooms, soaked, rinsed and sliced (optional)
- Extra water (if needed)
- Mix soup base ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Over high heat, add oil to a deep skillet and brown the beef. Once well-browned, remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté onions until soft. Push to the edge of the skillet.
- Place beef and remaining ingredients into the skillet, keeping ingredients grouped separately.
- Pour in the soup base and simmer for 2 minutes or until onions and vegetables are tender and heated throughout. Add water to the skillet (¼ cup at a time) if soup liquids begin to evaporate.
- Serve immediately on its own or with a bowl of rice.
Calories: 444Fat: 31 gCholesterol: 62 mgSodium: 1578 mgCarbohydrate: 24 gProtein: 23 gCalcium: 10%Iron: 21%
As per one serving size (460g)