- 25 min prep
- 10 min cook
- 2 people
- 1/3 pkg Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) crumbled
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) BBQ sauce
- 1 piece flat pita bread
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- In a medium bowl, mix together half of the BBQ sauce and the crumbled tofu. Set aside for about 10 – 15 minutes and let marinate.
- Spread the remaining BBQ sauce evenly over the pita bread and place pita on a lined baking sheet. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the pita and the sauce.
- Distribute the tofu and the pepper slices evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the entire pizza.
- Bake until the pizza crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped, fresh cilantro if desired and serve hot.
Calories: 322Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 727mgCarbohydrate: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 28gVitamin A: 36%Vitamin C: 137%Calcium: 63%Iron: 15%
As per one serving size (195g)