- 10 min prep
- 20 min cook
- 1pkg (350g) Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu (350g) crumbled
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) oil
- ½ medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) fresh ginger, minced
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) curry powder
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) Mexican chili powder
- 10 mL (2 tsp) cumin
- 5 mL (1 tsp) thyme
- 5 mL (1 tsp) basil
- 5 mL (1 tsp) salt
- 5 mL (1 tsp) sugar
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (796mL) can whole tomatoes
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) tomato paste
- 250 mL (1 cup) chick peas (canned)
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) cilantro, chopped and cooked (optional)
- Heat oil in a medium-size pot.
- Over medium high heat, stir in onion, garlic and ginger until browned. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- In the same pot, stir in tofu, curry powder, chili powder, cumin, thyme, basil, salt and sugar. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and celery. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Using a spoon or spatula, mix in tomatoes by breaking them up as they are stirred in the pot. Once the tomatoes are completely broken up, add the tomato paste and chickpeas. Continue mixing until well combined.
- Cover pot with lid and lower the heat to medium for 10 minutes or until carrots are soft. Garnish with cooked cilantro (optional)
- Serve with corn bread, naan or a bread of your choice.
Calories: 373Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 1082mgCarbohydrate: 40gFiber: 10gSugar: 3gProtein: 21gVitamin A: 90%Vitamin C: 52%Calcium: 25%Iron: 51%
As per one serving size (412g)